History of Our Club
The SSF Women's Club had its beginning as a community improvement club founded in 1905.
The Club was inactive between 1909-1914, then once again reorganized on October 26, 1914, and has been continuous since then. The Club is affiliated with the General Federation of Women's Clubs International, and GFWC California Federation of Women's Clubs (since 1915).
GFWC Golden Gate District #6 (until 2016) . and currently GFWC Loma Prieta District.
In 1935, the Club was incorporated and became a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Property on which the Clubhouse is located was deeded to its trustees by the
South San Francisco Land and Improvement Company in 1924,
But the Clubhouse was not constructed until 1940.
The Clubhouse at 470 Grand Avenue was dedicated as a Historic Resource on May 12, 2000
by the City of South San Francisco Historic Preservation Commission.
The Clubhouse is Marker #3 of the South San Francisco Historical Walking Tour.